This recipe makes a nice refreshing dressing for salad, or a great dip for fresh veggies. It’s ready in a matter of minutes, and will keep in the refrigerator for several days, so you can make an extra large batch and use it for several meals…if it lasts that long!
- 1 avocado, ripe but not too soft, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 medium cucumber, ends trimmed and cut into 1″ chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 10~12 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup)
- 3 small scallions, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2~4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-bowl food processor, using only 2 tbsp olive oil to start, and blend until fully pureed. Adjust the consistency by adding up to 2 more tablespoons of olive oil and/or some water. For salad dressing, you may want it a bit thinner, whereas a veggie dip you’ll want thicker. Transfer to a glass container and serve. It is extremely good with broccoli, cauliflower, and jicama sticks, as well as over a simple salad of mixed greens and mushrooms. Store leftovers with a tight fitting lid or plastic wrap in the fridge, and stir well before using.