- Leave a Comment
Tarragon is an herb you may not cook too much with, but French cooks use it a lot. It is similar to anise. You can learn more about it here. It’s a wonderful herb for this recipe as it gives a delicious flavor and smell. This recipe is also nice because it is quick to prepare.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup of broccoli, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, peeled and julienned (I used a green and a yellow)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup of butter (not pictured)
- 2 tablespoons of tarragon (you can use dry or fresh)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- a couple of dashes of salt and pepper
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt coconut oil in a skillet. Sprinkle the paprika over the chicken and throw into the skillet to brown the outside.
Mix up veggies and put into a casserole dish. Place the browned chicken on top.
Melt the butter and add to it the spices and lemon juice then spread over the chicken and veggies. Cover with a lid or tin foil and bake for about 35 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Eat up!