Chicken with Cherry Sauce
- Leave a Comment
Recipes Posted A Year Ago:
There are so many types of cherries! I cannot even begin to tell you. I say pick a cherry type you think would be great for this recipe and give it a shot. The regular “pie” cherry that you would use to make a cherry pie would work great too. I used Rainier cherries for this go around. This recipe offers many great combinations of tastes and is quick to make.
- A few breasts of chicken. I used about five.
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sage
- A cup of cherries with juice, I bought some organic Rainier cherries in the can. Make sure to not get the kind with added sugar/syrup. You can also use fresh cherries (pitted) and then add in about a half cup or so of water.
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Put the chicken breasts in a 8×8 pan. On top of the chicken, sprinkle the onions, shallot, juice, ginger, garlic, and sage. Put in oven to bake at 350 for 45 minutes or so.
When chicken is close to being done, put the tapioca flour in a small bowl and mix with a tablespoon or so of water. Pour the juice from the can of cherries into the saucepan along with the tapioca flour mixture and the honey. Heat up and allow to boil slightly. It will thicken. Once thickened, turn down heat to low, and add in the cherries and heat a little longer.
Once chicken is baked. Top with cherries and add your favorite side. I added this! Dig in!!