Creamy Coconut Shrimp
Recipes (and info) posted a year ago:
- Grocery List (list is always linked at top left for you to download!)
- Slow-Cooked Beef Short Ribs
- Strawberry Cherry Walnut Salad
Not too far from us there is a great seafood store. I love to buy my Old Bay seasoning there. They usually have a great selection of wild caught seafood. My girls love to look at the live clams. Stopping in the other day I saw some shrimp and decided to grab some. I made up this recipe really quick and it was a delicious meal combined with a salad, or it could even be the “surf” in your “surf and turf” meal.
- One pound or so of shrimp, remove tail
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1.5 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup or so of unsweetened coconut flakes
Heat up a pan, toss in coconut oil, garlic, and ginger. Saute on low heat for about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, coat the shrimp with coconut flakes. Add coconut milk to pan and stir. Then add in the shrimp.
Place a lid on the pan and let it cook on low for about 10 minutes or until shrimp is tender.