Orange Primal Cake
- 3 Comments
Some recipes posted a year ago:
I like to see more blogs popping up with paleo/primal recipes. I love that people are willing to share their healthful recipes with the world. Take advantage of this, but in turn let the bloggers know how they are doing. Make a comment. We all want to hear what variations you tried, what worked or didn’t. This may also help the next person willing to try the recipe. Thank you so much for all the feedback we have received!
This delicious dessert was modified from a recipe on the site, She Cooks, He Cleans. Great recipes here and Nancy is also a supporter of our site as well. Thank you!
* First off, please remember this is a dessert so eat in moderation. I warn you now as this is so delicious you will want to eat the whole thing, trust me on this!!
The original recipe called for lemon with blueberries. I did not have lemons at the time and worked with what I did have which was an orange and some orange extract.
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of dextrose
- 1/4 cup of pastured butter
- 2 eggs
- Juice and zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon of orange extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1/2 brick of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons pasture butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon orange extract (or orange juice)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x8 pan with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix the flour, soda, and salt. In another bowl, mix the dextrose, butter, milk, and vinegar and then eggs one at a time.
Next, mix the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and then add the orange juice, zest, and extract. Pour batter into 8 x 8 pan.
Bake for about 25 minutes. Keep checking after about 20 minutes and use a toothpick to poke the center; when toothpick comes out clean it is done.
While cake cools, prepare the frosting. Once it is cool, flip it onto a flat plate.
Mix frosting ingredients thoroughly and frost the cake. This is a small cake, but dense and delicious!