Recipes posted one year ago:
- Fried Turkey Tenders with Mushroom Wine Sauce
- Cool Cucumber Avocado Dressing
- Grilled Salmon with Coconut Dijon Sauce
I have seen a few recipes over the last couple of years for grain-free chocolate cake. The ingredients and amounts all vary slightly. It’s almost hard to go wrong really. I have had people recently ask me about making a birthday cake. This is not super sweet which is perfect. Just enough for some nice chocolate bliss! We also have a recipe on our site for orange cake which is also pretty delicious.
- Chocolate! Here I used a combination because I was out of just one kind. You can use a bag of chocolate chips (preferably more than 60% cocoa at the very least). I used 1 cup chocolate chips, one broken up 88% dark chocolate bar, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder.
- 1 stick of butter (pastured)
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup of dextrose (you can get this at your local brewery supply store)
- 1 cup raspberries and 1/8 cup honey for topping (optional)
Melt the chocolate, butter, and vanilla on low heat so that it doesn’t burn. Stirring often. Remove from heat when melted. While this is melting, crack eggs into a bowl, pour in sugar. Beat until it gets frothy and you get little peaks. This can take a while depending on how fast your mixer is (ie over 5 minutes). The faster you can whip the air into the mixture, the less time it will take.
Next, pour the egg mixture slowly into the chocolate mixture and stir. You can also use your mixer if you wish to incorporate it quicker.
Turn on oven to 350 degrees. Pour mixture into a buttered springform pan or tart pan (just a pan where the side and bottom can be removed separately when cake is done) and put into oven for 20 minutes. Check with toothpick and should come out clean when it is finished. Let cool then remove side of pan. Cut as you would a pie and serve plain, with fruit topping, or if you are really going over the top .. a dollop of whip cream. This is the reason why I freeze my berries in the summer. I grabbed a cup of raspberries from the freezer, put them in a saucepan to heat them up, poured in some honey, stirred, and put a spoonful on top of the cake. Heavenly!!**
** Don’t forget… this is a treat. Eat in moderation. One piece should be enough!
One thought on “Grain-Free Chocolate Cake”
Made this for the family tonight. Absolutely delicious and a huge hit! I did add about a 8th of a cup of almond butter to the chocolate mixture. Resulted in a very moist cake. You are correct, very rich and won’t be making it often but will be wonderful when I do make it as a rare treat! Thanks!!
Comments are closed.